St. John's Evangelical Church will celebrate its 175 anniversary on Sunday, April 23.
St. John's was founded in April of 1842 and has continually served in the ministry of Word and Sacrament of the Lord, Jesus Christ. It has been a member of The Ohio Synod of United Lutheran Church, The Ohio Synod of the Lutheran Church in America and presently serves in the ministry of the Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
On Sunday, April 13 the Rev. Abraham Allende, Bishop of Northeastern Ohio Synod, will lead the celebrative worship service, which will be followed by a luncheon in the Fellowship Hall. Allende was elected Bishop of the 180 congregations in the Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
All are welcome to join in this celebration at St. John's Lutheran Church.